natural supplements

are there any natural supplements or foods that actually help to clear blocked arteries?  
  You are likely to find some people--even on this forum--who have great faith in supplements, and believe "natural" is the solution to every ailment known to mankind.  Be extremely cautious.  If a supplement, drug, or any other treatment is developed that actually works,  it will be reported after extensive well controlled and blinded studies.  And trust me, we will all hear about it, because it will be headline news all over the planet.  
   Regarding the short answer to your question:  No
NO!
I think "preventive" medicine is the key but how many of us worry about taking care of our heart when we're young. I confess to eating burgers, pepperoni pizza and fat omelets when I was young. I just wonder if it's too late for me.
Actualy, I do believe that it has been preaty well proven that switching over to a 100 percent, very high quality Vegan diet will over the very long run start clearing your arteries.

Also, you can check out Linus Paulings opinions on the use of high dose ascorbic acid combined with high dose Lysine and Proline.  I wouldn't be in to big of a hurry to dismiss his opinions.  Cardiac Doctors and researchers have never disputed his claims, nor ran any controlled testing to see whether it works or not.  All you get is dead silence from them.  And I personaly could not imagine a Cardiologist going so far out of the mainstream as to try this therapy since there is a standard of patient care guideline they have to follow, which basicaly means that every Doctor will tend to follow the same treatments, so when their patients ultimately die, and many will they are protected, since all of the other Doctors of their type will stand behind them and say yep, that is what the standard of patient care calls for, within a certain range, so they would have died no matter who treated them.  Which is not necessarily the case of course.  You just have to be able to find a Cardiologist that is willing to put their patients welfare first and try realistic, yet out of accepted mainstream means.  Or be desperate enough yourself to do the research necessary to find out why these other means are realistic and give it a try on your own.

So anyhow, don't take any of this to the bank.  And I wouldn't be in a hurry to take the naysayers opinions there either.
as to grailhunter's reply,

I do concur.  It is not a substitute for having close referral with a qualified physician.
But, I've worked in the medical field for years; and, let's face it.  The pharmaceuticals have been based on natural elements - only the more focused, sometimes more highly potent, definitely more-complex version of natural elements (sometimes to their detriment).  They had to start with something.  And, let's not forget that the natural elements researched have been created with the same biological agents with which we ourselves were created; hence a common playing field.

Though advanced stages of disease should not be considered a scenario for "trial and error" naturpathics (and neither should traditional treatments, for that matter. And it wouldn't be the first time) --- there is something to be said for natural maintenance, and use of naturapathics as a means to MAINTAIN healthful status.  If, in that process, you find that certain positive outcomes arise, all is not lost.  All within moderation.

That said, there are a few that have been proven helpful in maintenance:

Hawthorne derivatives, Homocysteine (relieving) Support, atherosclerotic antioxidant supplements (not new), Omega3 Fish Oils, CoQ10, etc.

If you do a search, be certain that the research is documented in respected medical/scientific research.

a few ex:
http://www.atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/PIIS0021915002000114/abstract

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:_6PVjbL6f_wJ:www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-fishoil.html+natural+supplements+for+coronary+clearing&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

physician source:
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:V6wgCUhpFksJ:www.raysahelian.com/heartdisease.html+natural+supplements+for+coronary+clearing&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us (though it's clear he is benefitting financially from this as well; yet the supplement recommendations have been reviewed and researched extensively, and shown to help cardiac health)

again, careful research and moderation.

but natural-based sources should NOT be discounted.

Chinese medicine - one that has based its success on natural elements - has survived the test of time.  And often surpasses our own.  

Grain of salt, notwithstanding.

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community