Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

pain/pressure between the breasts

I'm 48 years old and consider myself in good shape and health.  I eat a very balanced diet with alot of vegetables and fruit and very little red meat.  My rested heart rate is about 55 - 60 and my blood pressure is 116 over 78.

Lately...I've been experiencing a very uncomfortable pain/pressure between the breasts.  I've been for the blood test..EKG, xrays, CT scan a scope down the throat.....I've had pretty much every test there is to check that the heart it ok.  The Doctor has assured me that I haven't had a heart attack and that my heart is healthy.  I do suffer from "a hole in the heart" but Doctor's have also assured me that this is a very common condition and it's not causing the pain that I'm experiencing, but then again...they have no idea what is causing this discomfort!!  My family Dr is referring me to a Cardiologist "just to be sure that everything is ok" but it'll be weeks before I can see him.
Please help...it's so uncomfortable that I have a hard time sleeping.  
Has anyone else out there experienced anything like this??
Just need an answer.
I'm spending way to much time on the internet trying to figure out what this pain is.
Thanks in advance for any information

J9ner
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.