Heart Disease Community

pain/pressure between the breasts

I'm 48 years old and consider myself in good shape and health.  I eat a very balanced diet with alot of vegetables and fruit and very little red meat.  My rested heart rate is about 55 - 60 and my blood pressure is 116 over 78.

Lately...I've been experiencing a very uncomfortable pain/pressure between the breasts.  I've been for the blood test..EKG, xrays, CT scan a scope down the throat.....I've had pretty much every test there is to check that the heart it ok.  The Doctor has assured me that I haven't had a heart attack and that my heart is healthy.  I do suffer from "a hole in the heart" but Doctor's have also assured me that this is a very common condition and it's not causing the pain that I'm experiencing, but then again...they have no idea what is causing this discomfort!!  My family Dr is referring me to a Cardiologist "just to be sure that everything is ok" but it'll be weeks before I can see him.
Please help...it's so uncomfortable that I have a hard time sleeping.  
Has anyone else out there experienced anything like this??
Just need an answer.
I'm spending way to much time on the internet trying to figure out what this pain is.
Thanks in advance for any information

J9ner