This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

pediatric of adult doctor

Posted By linda on July 30, 1999 at 11:26:12
I am a 31yrs. old female with post op tetrology.
I had a pulmanary valve replacement 16yrs. ago that is now leaking along with the tricuspid valve, which is in consideration for replacements. My question is, should I still be seeing a pediatric cardiologist or an aduld cardiologist at this time and age? I am very confused on this matter. I was told by 2 diffrent doctors to seek an adult cardiologist and told by a pediatric cardiologist, that I need him, not an adult doctor because of my TOF. Any insight will be helpful. I am suppused to have a metobolic stress test done and echo for the valves. I just need to figure out where to go from there.Also one more question, can the leak of a valve(pulmonary and tricuspid)change within 2yrs, with needing replacement. Mine were mild to moderate regurg. Thanks for your help.

Follow Ups:

Re: pediatric of adult doctor Deb 7/31/1999

pediatric of adult doctor CCF CARDIO MD - CRC 8/02/1999

Re: pediatric of adult doctor Deb 8/02/1999

pediatric of adult doctor CCF CARDIO MD - CRC 8/03/1999

Re: pediatric of adult doctor CCF CARDIO MD - CRC 7/30/1999

Read more
Discussion is closed
Follow - 0
Upvote - 0
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Request an Appointment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now