Heart Disease Community

peripartum cardiomyopathy and subsequent pregnancy

Anyone here diagnosed with peripartum cardiomyopathy who had a successful pregnancy after diagnosis??  I would love to hear your story!
I would love to see the responses to this question.  I was diagnosed with peripartum cardiomyopathy also.  I REALLY want to have another pregnancy but I am really scared to risk it.  My heart is completly back to normal which is a blessing !!  GOOD LUCK if your trying to have another!!!
I agree!  I'm in the same boat, diagnosed and now have returned back to normal heart function!  I don't know whether or not to risk another pregnancy.  Help!
I was diagnonsed with peripaturm cardiomiopathy in 2002. this was two months after i had a baby. i ended up having heart failure because of late diagnosis. i fully recovered and stoped my meds. i got pregnant in 2011 and had slight symptoms in the last month. i was put on meds for about three months. i had a vacuum delivery and had no symptoms after birth. in 2013 january, i fell pregnant with third baby and carried the baby full term without any problems. i had induced labour cos of high blood pressure and lost my baby after two days cos he took time to cry at birth and had breathing problems. i am currently on meds cos i have slight symptoms of distress to the heart, and my cardiologist thought its better to give me meds to prevent damage to the heart.  the echo showed normal findings. i feel sad to have lost my third baby after carrying a high risk pregnancy. i hope to get pregnant again after a year...