Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

question

I am a 35 year old white female with depression (under control on Celexa 40mg)/stress/high anxiety.  I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure (HBP is currently normal with Lisinopril HCTZ 20/25).  

I wore a Holter monitor wich showed my average heart rate to be104.  I have not had a stress test but am in the process of getting an appointment with a cardiologist to have some testing done, I assume. My question is:  Will having an above average heart rate wear your heart out faster than an average heart rate.  (Will i die a lot sooner than someone with an average heart rate if I do nothing?)
1 Responses
I am sure your cardiologist will find the answer for you. My heart rate normally around 100, but on the right medication it is 60-70.Also try relaxation techniques.  Hard to say when we will die and from what? You are only 35. A very long happy life a head of you if you want it…..think less about dieing, more about living!
Try to be positive, under all circumstances. My best to you.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.