Heart Disease Community

septal anerysm

I recently had a small stroke. After going thru many medical tests, I found out I have a very thin septal wall that is waving around. Also i have a mild regurgitation I believe in the mitral valve. My heart is mildly larger than normal but not called an enlarged heart. I have excellent collestoral levels and my arteres are clear. I was told other than that it seemed there was no other problems. What is the normal approach to this problem? Will they want to operate? I am on many supplements for the heart beside 312mg aspirin. Bee Pollen which is supposed to thin the blood and prevent red blood cells from forming clots, 2000 mg cinnamon w/chromium, CoQ10 100 mg, Flaxseed oil 2000 mg, vit D 1000mg, tumeric and a few more. what is your best prognoses?
Hi, therapeutic options for prevention of recurrent stroke in patients with atrial septal aneurysm are medical therapy with antiplatelet agents or anticoagulants, and surgical or percutaneous closure of the defect. Therapy is usually initiated with medications and if indicated may progress to surgical correction, which is done only for a few cases. If there is recurrent stroke or intolerance to medical therapy, percutaneous closure is carried out. Regards.