Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

short breath (bodybuilding, sex)

hello. i am a 23 year old male who has good general health. i have some questions that i think might be related. i really need some input on this subject.

first question how does intense bodybuilding affect the performance of the heart? i heard that it might after a while alter the shape of a heart, particularly the thickness of the walls and that in general it reduces a persons cardiovascular performance.

second question have noticed on a consistent basis that for two days after performing intercourse my cardio performance is especially weak. after a fast walk i could be panting and feeling tired and it takes a good minute, minute and a half for the heart rate to get down. in contrast after four days from intersourse the shortness of breath is nonexistent. when on a bike the heart rate after four days is usually 20 bpm below when on that of two days . is this normal?

third question occasionally i have intercourse the same day as strength training. is that okay? what effect does it have on my cardio performance.

thanks for you time. appreciate your help
0 Responses
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.