Heart Disease Community

variable blood pressure readings

Recently I have had variables in my BP readings. One minute it will be high and a 1/2 hour later it will be low. My regular MD doctor sent me to a heart doctor and he swapped the time I take my meds around and took an ultra sound of my kidney. Kidney checked out ok and BP is some better but about 3 yrs ago I had some trouble at work. My left side went tinglely and my speech was slurred. It took me along time to get my speech out of my mouth. I felt like I was haveing a heart attack or stroke. The doctors said it was pannic attacks or stress but now im wondering if all this is connected. HELP
No matter which way you look at it, the sudden difficulty in speech must have been a sudden drop in oxygen to the brain. Maybe it was what is termed as a mini stroke which you usually quickly recover from. I would question your medication, perhaps you need something to lower the risk of strokes until they discover the problem. Have the carotid arteries in your neck been checked over?
No but will question that at my next appointment. Calling today to see if I can get in sooner because my bp was 130/97 last night and I had been laying down.
Thank You