Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

variable blood pressure readings

Recently I have had variables in my BP readings. One minute it will be high and a 1/2 hour later it will be low. My regular MD doctor sent me to a heart doctor and he swapped the time I take my meds around and took an ultra sound of my kidney. Kidney checked out ok and BP is some better but about 3 yrs ago I had some trouble at work. My left side went tinglely and my speech was slurred. It took me along time to get my speech out of my mouth. I felt like I was haveing a heart attack or stroke. The doctors said it was pannic attacks or stress but now im wondering if all this is connected. HELP
2 Responses
No matter which way you look at it, the sudden difficulty in speech must have been a sudden drop in oxygen to the brain. Maybe it was what is termed as a mini stroke which you usually quickly recover from. I would question your medication, perhaps you need something to lower the risk of strokes until they discover the problem. Have the carotid arteries in your neck been checked over?
No but will question that at my next appointment. Calling today to see if I can get in sooner because my bp was 130/97 last night and I had been laying down.
Thank You
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.