Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Health Community
361 Members

17 y/o, cardiac enzyme level 436

Help, please! last week i was admitted to hospital for severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, and acute breathing difficulties. CT scan and echo-cardiogram results indicate it wasn't a heart attack (phew!), the doctors wrote it off as myocarditis since my cardiac enzyme levels were at 436 (and climbing steadily!), secondary to an event or virus spread to my heart, who knows! but they weren't keen on labeling it as Myocarditis as it usually occurs once, lasts for a while and only in very rare cases does it spring up again. but this isn't the first time i have had this happen, and I'm almost certain it wont be the last. they said if the pain persists then i am to "grin and bear" it and try my best to not come back to A&E, and instead go to see my GP about it. the next available appt. i could get for my GP was next week. in the mean time the pain persists, can anyone offer any advice or share their experiences please?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.