Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Health Community
360 Members

Cardiolite stress test

Went into ER the other night because I'm tired of nightly chest pain. Was there 5 hours, got a complete cardio workup, chest xray, ekg, blood, etc and went home with everything normal. However, because I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse in 1992 and take a beta blocker for premature ventricular beats, I have been scheduled for a nuclear cardiolite rest/stress test in a few days. I have looked this up and it appears to be very painful and scary. I don't want to do it. I am a 62 year old female. Anyone had this done?  PS: was treated for silent reflux in 2013.
2 Responses
612551 tn?1450025775
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have had many nuclear stress tests, none were painful, time consuming, yes, painful, no.

I don't know about the 'cardiolite" part, that may be the name of the radioactive chemical used.
63984 tn?1385441539
The painful part is the needle injection, but minor, the rest of the test is a piece of cake.  I've had at least a dozen, enough that the administrator and I can hug and talk about our families.  Cardiolite is the nuclear part, it leaves the body in a big hurry if you drink fluids and will be helpful to determine if you have blockages.  Procede with great confidence, it will simply give you answers.  
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.