Heart Health Community
360 Members

Cardiolite stress test

Went into ER the other night because I'm tired of nightly chest pain. Was there 5 hours, got a complete cardio workup, chest xray, ekg, blood, etc and went home with everything normal. However, because I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse in 1992 and take a beta blocker for premature ventricular beats, I have been scheduled for a nuclear cardiolite rest/stress test in a few days. I have looked this up and it appears to be very painful and scary. I don't want to do it. I am a 62 year old female. Anyone had this done?  PS: was treated for silent reflux in 2013.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have had many nuclear stress tests, none were painful, time consuming, yes, painful, no.

I don't know about the 'cardiolite" part, that may be the name of the radioactive chemical used.
The painful part is the needle injection, but minor, the rest of the test is a piece of cake.  I've had at least a dozen, enough that the administrator and I can hug and talk about our families.  Cardiolite is the nuclear part, it leaves the body in a big hurry if you drink fluids and will be helpful to determine if you have blockages.  Procede with great confidence, it will simply give you answers.  
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.