Heart skipping beats

I have an irregular heart beat and my EKG shows and "normal" abnormality of a valve not closing all the way, common in people that workout a lot. I'm 32 years old and sometimes I feel my heart have a studder and it skips a beat too. Doesn't happen often but when it does, it's extremely scary and I feel like I can't get a good breath until it's done. Anyone know what it could be and if I should be worried? I'm a firefighter in NY and our job is super stressful on the heart and I want to have a long healthy career.

You are reading content posted in the Heart Health Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.