Is it normal for a 15 year old’s heart rate to be 200 when working out?

I’m 15 years old 126lbs and 5’7” I’m in shape and relatively healthy. Every time I do any standing cardio my heart rate spike to 190-200 within seconds. It only happens when I’m standing. I went to the doctor and she’s concerned about my family history of heart disease. I’m going to a cardiologist soon. It spikes back down fairly fast. I keep track of how much water I drink everyday and eat healthy. My blood pressure is perfect. I don’t remember my resting heart rate but she said it was only little high.

You are reading content posted in the Heart Health Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.