Low resting heart rate (54) and sleeping heart rate (44)?

I’m a 24 year old male, this has been going on as long as I’ve owned a Fitbit for four years now. No symptoms, I function fine, my heart rate goes up when I workout or need it to, only time I ever feel weak or lightheaded is when I worry as I do suffer from anxiety. However otherwise I have no symptoms. This isn’t just a bad read either as my pcp has commented on it before and his equipment agreed. My BPM when sleeping can get as low as 42 beats a minute and awake and sitting watching tv can get as low as 52-55 on average.

I work out a little and do enjoy running, I have had a couple EKG’s done over the years which were normal and even an echo (I was being checked for hyper mobility of the heart) which showed as incredibly well functioning they said. The only thing I’ve ever felt with my heart was palpations-occasional hard beats followed by a pause but my Dr confirmed they weren’t due to murmur and sounded like PVC or PAC which were harmless and common in anxiety sufferers.

I guess is my lower heart rate normal? I’ve never had symptoms it’s clearly been going on awhile and my doctor doesn’t seem concerned at all, he’s no specialist but I just worry because on every search bar it says 40 is way too low?

You are reading content posted in the Heart Health Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.