Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Health Community
361 Members

Orthostatic hypotension.... Or nah?

Hi. My cardiologist told me that I have orthostatic  hypotension. That was about.... 3 weeks ago. 4 weeks before that, my doctor told me to drink 2 liters of sports drink every day for 2 weeks. I did so for a month, because it seemed to be working. I thought it would go away. When I stood up, every time, I would see stuff in my vision that made it impossible to see, numbness in certain places, ringing in my ears, etc. but after 3 weeks of the sports drink drinking, it only reduced the effects. I still drink one liter a day. Why do I have this? I'm never dehydrated, I drink a lot of water (not kidding). Why does this keep happening, how can I make it go away, and when will it stop? Or is it even OH? If you need further info, plz ask in the comments, and I will try to answer. I want to know.
1 Responses
612551 tn?1450022175
COMMUNITY LEADER
I did a search on this group of communities and found the following:
http://www.medhelp.org/search?utf8=%26%23x2713%3B&query=Orthostatic+hypotension&camp=top_nav_search

You may find some help reading those threads.  If the above doesn't take you to a list of posts on Orthostatic Hypotension try a "cut and paste" into you browser.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.