Heart Health Community
360 Members

These were my EKG results. Any thoughts?

42 yo male.  Had an EKG to get ready to have a surgical procedure done. I have had Panic Disorder for 15 years all my EKG's in the past have been the norm.  This one has a few I have not seen before like "mild repolarization abnormalities" and a very low heart rate of 55.  I don;t work out as much as I used to and am not in great nor terrible shape.  Just looking at some feed back on the numbers.

Listed here

Vent. Rate : 055 BPM Atrial Rate : 055 BPM  
P-R Int : 188 ms QRS Dur : 088 ms  
QT Int : 370 ms P-R-T Axes : 029 066 022 degrees  
QTc Int : 353 ms  

Sinus bradycardia  
Mild repolarization abnormalities  
COMMUNITY LEADER
I assume you have a medial readout on the results, if not ask your doctor for one.

That said a HR of 55 is fine if you don't have any problems with dizziness or other suggestions that your heart can't get up to speed fast enough when you move from a resting to walking positons.  Anyone jumping up and running can get a shot of dizziness, but getting up to walk one should not I believe.  That said, I don't think there is much a doctor would recommend about keeping your resting HR higher than your normal 55. Don't have the exact number, but something below 40, especially if there are skips/stops would be a candidate for a pacemaker - not something I think you need.  I am not a doctor, just sharing in the hope it will help you decide what to do.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.