Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Health Community
360 Members
5683818 tn?1372308311

These were my EKG results. Any thoughts?

42 yo male.  Had an EKG to get ready to have a surgical procedure done. I have had Panic Disorder for 15 years all my EKG's in the past have been the norm.  This one has a few I have not seen before like "mild repolarization abnormalities" and a very low heart rate of 55.  I don;t work out as much as I used to and am not in great nor terrible shape.  Just looking at some feed back on the numbers.

Listed here

Vent. Rate : 055 BPM Atrial Rate : 055 BPM  
P-R Int : 188 ms QRS Dur : 088 ms  
QT Int : 370 ms P-R-T Axes : 029 066 022 degrees  
QTc Int : 353 ms  

Sinus bradycardia  
Mild repolarization abnormalities  
1 Responses
612551 tn?1450022175
COMMUNITY LEADER
I assume you have a medial readout on the results, if not ask your doctor for one.

That said a HR of 55 is fine if you don't have any problems with dizziness or other suggestions that your heart can't get up to speed fast enough when you move from a resting to walking positons.  Anyone jumping up and running can get a shot of dizziness, but getting up to walk one should not I believe.  That said, I don't think there is much a doctor would recommend about keeping your resting HR higher than your normal 55. Don't have the exact number, but something below 40, especially if there are skips/stops would be a candidate for a pacemaker - not something I think you need.  I am not a doctor, just sharing in the hope it will help you decide what to do.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.