Tricuspid Regurgitation & Tachycardia

Hi guys,

I am a 24 year old female. Been suffering from tachycardia since about October 2015. I am around 110/115 when standing, but as soon as I walk somewhere i,e, to university it varies between 140-160bpm. Average resting heart rate is around 85. I feel light headed at times and get minor aches across my chest, but not always in correlation with the tachycardia.

I've had two echocardiograms and one 24hr tape (results of this not received). Both echo's show mild tricuspid regurgitation with increased heart pressures on the right.

This is becoming a daily problem as I do not feel normal most of the time, and I get tired a lot.

Has anyone had anything similar, or might have an idea of the potential treatment? I had read that tricuspid can be common, however, it usually doesn't present symptoms. If this is the case, why do I have a fast heart rate?

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.
Technically you are not suffering from tachycardia. You resting hr is below 100.

A quickly rising heart rate at low intensity exercises can be caused by many things, ranging from bad physical shape, low bp, anemia etc. to more serious heart problems.

When your tricuspid regurgitation is only mild, that can hardly be the cause of your symptoms.

Increased right sided heart pressure can be more serious and can cause the symptoms you describe.
What did your doctor say about it, when you discussed the echo results?

You are reading content posted in the Heart Health Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.