Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Health Community
360 Members

What to expect at follow up?

Sunday, 9-15-13, I suffered what I am sure was a heart attack.  I was sitting in bed on my computer and started experiencing chest pains that felt very constricting.  I tried to get up and ended up on my hands and knees on my bedroom floor.  All I could think was oh god and breathe breathe breathe.  I started sweating like crazy and not sure if I passed out or not.  I just remember at some point opening my eyes and thinking the pain had stopped.  When I stood up I saw myself in the mirror and didn't even recognize the person staring back at me.  I was grey and soaking wet.  I looked liked I had just been put threw the ringer to say the least.  I sat back down on bed and trying to comprehend what had just happened.  I took an aspirin and called a neighbor to take me to ER.  This is where I'm a little ticked.  They did EKG, said my numbers were elevated.  Drew blood about 30 minutes later.  Sent me to waiting room for about 3 hours.  Called me back to another room where I sat for 2 hours and 15 minutes before anyone ever came in the check my vitals or get history.  Never was I put on any type of cardiac monitor.  They finally came in and drew more blood and told me follow up with a Dr on Monday.  I actually have an appt tomorrow (Wednesday) and really am just trying to find out what to expect now.  On my own I have been taking an aspirin a day.  But I don't really feel the ER took me seriously at all and that really infuriates me.  I do not have a gallbladder so it wasn't that.  I just want to know whats next.  
1 Responses
159619 tn?1538184537
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sorry for the late response, did your doctor order any tests?
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.