Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

should I get a second opinion?

Hi there,

My son (aged nearly 4) has complete heart block and is due to be paced in the next few weeks.
I'm worried about the competency of his consultant. Firstly, 2 other doctors in the last few months have diagnosed a murmur, whereas his consultant at the last examination stated there was no murmur. And secondly, I had a tick bite that was removed very carelessly a while before getting pregnant with my son. I was never tested for Lyme Disease, but understand that this can both travel via placenta, and cause heart block, and can also reverse heart block with antibiotics, but my consultant isn't willing to explore this avenue.

Should I get a second opinion?   I know it's a long shot but I feel it's worth exploring.

Thanks
1 Responses
11548417 tn?1506080564
I would certainly look for another caregiver. I have no opinion about the competence of your current consultant, but in my opinion it is of great importance to have a consultant that you feel you can trust especially as you will perhaps have to deal with him for a long time.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Heart Health Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.