Heart Health Community
361 Members

strep virus myocarditis

Hi all,

I recently develop acute onset of strep tonsillitis and have a very bad fever with it. Temp was averaging 38.8 and at peak was 39.9! Rest hr gone more then double what it usually is.

I suffer severe anxiety around my heart and would be so than kful if someone could give their input.

Am I likely to develop myocarditis?
Step viruses are common for causing them but it is considered a rare thing to happen.

What scares me is my r.hr has doubled to 110bpm and I've hreacted quite badly to the virus considering symptoms and temperature.

I have a picture of my ecg that was taken on arrival when my temp was 39.9, can upload for any of you guys if it helps.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.