A
A
Close
Heart Health Community
361 Members
14991338 tn?1447193706

strep virus myocarditis

Hi all,

I recently develop acute onset of strep tonsillitis and have a very bad fever with it. Temp was averaging 38.8 and at peak was 39.9! Rest hr gone more then double what it usually is.

I suffer severe anxiety around my heart and would be so than kful if someone could give their input.

Am I likely to develop myocarditis?
Step viruses are common for causing them but it is considered a rare thing to happen.

What scares me is my r.hr has doubled to 110bpm and I've hreacted quite badly to the virus considering symptoms and temperature.

I have a picture of my ecg that was taken on arrival when my temp was 39.9, can upload for any of you guys if it helps.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.