Heart Rhythm Community

propafanone

Has anyone taken propafanone and experienced dizziness?  I've been on it for 4 weeks, twice a day.

This discussion is related to Afraid of Propafanone.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I've taken Propafenone 225 mg every 8 hours (three times a day) for a few years.  I am not currently taking it.  I took it to help hold me in normal sinus rhythm following successful electrocardioversion of AFib.  I am not currently taking it, but can recall that I did not have any side effects that I was aware of.  

Have you read the posted side effects that came with your prescription?  My guess is dizziness is among the possible side effects and it will say if they are strong enough to be troubling you should discuss with your doctor.