Heart Rhythm Community

Atrial Fibulatoin

I have had atrial fibulatoin for the past 2 to3 years and it has been progressivly wors even with madicines sence Dec. of 2008 I have had 3 attacts and the last time I also went into vtach my Dr can not find a reason for it.what can I do to helt prevent if from happening so much?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have AFib, full-time, but the symptoms don't both me a lot, mainly just some weakness.  I take both a anticoagulant, Warfarin, and a beta blocker, Metoprolol.  If you are not on an anticoagulant you may want to consider taking an aspirin a day to give you some protection against clot formation.  Aspirin may cause you problems, you must know.  If you don't know it may be a good idea to ask your doctor before starting a regular dose of aspirin.

I do not have any vtach.. and there's noting in my post that will cure your problem.  I did respond to shock (electro-cardioversion) well when younger and would get a couple of years of relief at a time. That no longer works for me.
I had a-fib  and a-flutter and then developed v-tach. My meds were failing me and my episodes progressed to a daily occurance. That is when I decided along with my EP it was time to have an ablation. I did have one and I've been enjoying NSR ever since.