Diagnosed Bradycardia 8 yrs ago & MS 20 yrs ago. No symptoms with bradycardia (rest 53/sleep 47) except missed/extra beats, no dizziness, pain or tiredness apart from MS related. MS is benign, I have no disability do not smoke & am not over weight. I am 49 yrs old. I would not call myself fit & do no formal exercise. Cardiologist said carry on as normal. I avoid caffeine and adrenaline in medication as they give me palpitations. My questions,
1. What causes bradycardia in "non-athletic" but not ill/elderly person like me?
2. Does bradycardia affect blood flow/circulation? Is mine slower, more likely to develop blood clots esp on planes?
3. I have normal blood pressure does bradycardia link to blood pressure? I sometimes feel heavy, even a little brain fuzzy, when I get up in morning until had shower & got going then I'm fine. Is this related?
4. Why do I sometimes have what seem like judder/flutter lasting 5,6,7 seconds,like a brrrrrrrrrring of very fast beats? Once when this happened, took my pulse but it felt normal. maybe I did it wrong that time. If this happens during normal daytime activities feels little disconcerting till it's back to normal,even feel like thumping my chest to get it normal.
5. Recently went up mountain on a cablecar & at summit (12000 feet) was fine whilst standing still but on climbing steps had terible thudding palpitations & had to go back down. There were people in their late 70's there who seemed fine. Connected or panic?
6.Having a stroke/blood clots are my worst fears.Do blood clots that have formed but not stuck anywhere, give any symptoms? Sometimes feel sharp needle sensations around my body specially in hot countries, I wonder as I've flown there, whether they are blood clots having trouble getting round my system, being formed due to slow metabilism and heart rate? Or am I having M.S. type nerve sensations or just being paranoid!? I usually panic & take small doses of aspirin just in case.