Heart Rhythm Community

Can low magnesium and potassium cause intermittent a-fib?

Has anybody had a-fib symptoms caused by mineral or electrolyte imbalances such as low RBC magnesium and potassium in the lower half of "normal"? After supplementation, did your symptoms of occasional a-fib stop?
I do not have an answer. From my experience, my potassium levels were to low (2.8) and Ihad horrific palpitations which caused me to lose consciousness. Low potassium can interfere with your heart rhythm. I hope that you get a more detailed answer here.
Wow, that's really low.  My understanding is that optimal is near the high end of the range, so 4.7-5.0 is what many practitioners like to see.  Mine is in range at 4.3, but not optimal by any stretch.  I still need to do an RBC magnesium blood test which is more accurate than a serum magnesium which is useless.  Betting that's low too.
I do not have an answer. From my experience, my potassium levels were to low (2.8k, normal is 3.5).  I had horrific palpitations which caused me to lose consciousness. Low potassium can interfere with your heart rhythm. I hope that you get a more detailed answer here.