Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

Dizziness

I am 69yrs old,mechanical valves for aortic and mitral,CABGx2,Medtronics Adapta ADRS-01 for SSS,Brady-Tachy cardia,AF,Sinus passes more than 2.5secs.Still I get dizziness twice/month while morning walk only with burps.I am on warfarin,metoprolol,dipyradmole plus statin and Omega-3.
Is it usual to get dizziness or light head with all the care given?Does any other member experience these?The symptoms are for 2minutes and I continue walking again.
Jaybee  
4 Responses
612551 tn?1450025775
COMMUNITY LEADER
Beta Blockers (Metoprolol) can cause some low BP and HR and contribute to dizziness.  What dose are you on?  I find if I take my maximum, 200 mg a day, lowers my physical strength .. but seldom any dizziness as I've been on this BB for a couple of years and my body has adjusted somewhat and lowered the side effects.  It also seems that the intended effects/controls are also diminishing, too bad as that means a higher does or new med may be in my future.
I am on 25mg/day Metoprolol.My PM low range is set at 70bpm HR.Even before BB I was with calcium channel blockers for BP, dizzy spells.Then PM was installed, switched to BB but the spells were more frequent.Thanks for reply
Jaybee
612551 tn?1450025775
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'd consider 25 mg of BB a low dose, but that may depend on the person's physical size.  I am a large male, so I may be able to tolerate a larger dose.

I didn't know form your original post you have a Pace Maker (I assume that is what you refer to with the "PM").  That is an extra factor and perhaps someone who uses a PM will now add to your inputs.

Good luck, and keep walking it should be for the best.
Thanks.Since dizziness appears common with  irregular heart beats,I start ignoring that.I continue walking one hr in morning and 1/2 hr in evening.
Wish You Good Health.  
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.