A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

Do Certain Foods Trigger PVC's?

Hello!

I am new to this forum and new to PVCs.  I began having them in April (5 months post partum).  I have seen 2 cardiologists and had all of the tests run--all "nomal" results.  I am a very anxious person and HATE to feel the skipped beats so I have been taking Propanolol (and I know the anxiety only makes them worse).  I would like to be "med free" so I am working on finding out my triggers.
I have cut out caffeine, alcohol, etc. and I am also trying to see if there are any foods that may trigger them.  My doctor said that sometimes peppers can cause them???  I ate something with jalepenos last night and I definitely noticed an increase.
Do you all have any other foods or food groups that you avoid?  Also, any books or web sites where I might find more information on preventing these?  I need all of the help I can get.  
Thank you so much--this web site has been so beneficial to me!  :)
132 Responses
For me, caffeine and red wine are big triggers, as is lack of sleep.  I can have spicy food with no problems.

Feel better!!
66068 tn?1365196781
I've read that acid reflux will cause PVCs. So eating anything that brings on reflux is a PVC trigger.  Peppers would definitely fall into that category. I've also read that honey works to calm the stomach and reflux related PVCs.
Caffeine and sugar trigger palpitations for me and over the years I've seen a ton of others report the same thing.  So try eating a low sugar diet and quitting caffeine.
Heavy olive oil will do it for me and alfredo sauces (probably the olive oil again)  
i have noticed that anything with nutrasweet cause me problems.....at least that was before my ablation.  I havent had th guts to try it since my procedure i few weeks ago.
why not start a food diary so you can learn your triggers?
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.