Heart Rhythm Community

Does exercise turn AF back to NSR?

I am a 63-year-old male and have had asymptomatic ALF for six months. The only symptom I have is shortness of breath when I exercise during an episode of AF.  I currently take Coumadin (2.5 mg), Metoprolol (100 mg), and Verapanil (240 mg).  Whenever I do mild exercise for 40 minutes or more (e.g. swimming), I convert back to NSR for at least 24 hours. during the past two weeks, I have exercised every day and have not had AF. Is mild exercise the answer to staying in NSR?
COMMUNITY LEADER
If it works for you, go for it !

I have read many posts about exercise in spite of AFib, and that's my case.  So, I believe it is fine to exercise (while controlling the maximum HR to a reasonable level) with AFib, but if it coverts one to NSR, I say congratulations.

For what you describe I'd say exercise - it is good for you NSR or not.