Heart Rhythm Community

FLUCTUATING BLOOD PRESSURE

Is this dangerous ? Had MI oct 2006 and am on a number of medications for high including ISOBORDIDE . Am having  bariatric surgery in Jan  .
COMMUNITY LEADER
You haven't given any numbers, so I have no idea how extreme (or not) your fluctuating numbers are.  It is common for BP reading to vary, and are driven some by emotional state.  That is why some people get a high BP reading when the doctor takes the reading, but don't have chronic high BP.  

Are you saying you are taking medications for high BP?  If yes, that may affect your BP reading depending on the concentration of the medication in your system when you take the reading...I assume the concentration is highest in the first hour after taking a medication.