Heart Rhythm Community

Fluttering/Tachycardia?

In 2008, I had surgery to remove my thyroid due to overactive nodules that caused tachycardia 24/7.  I have not had any tachy since, until about 8 months ago. I was diagnosed with Lupus last year, and I'm not sure if it is related, but I wake up with my chest/torso fluttering/shaking. It kind of feels like tachycardia, but a little different. I usually feel a bit lightheaded at the same time. It seems to happen most often when I'm lying down. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Some people feel atrial fibrillation and flutter, I do not - but I do feel the increase in ventricle rate.  It seems you do not notice any high (ventricle) HR, right?  

It would be helpful if you could give a heart rate count under the wake-up condition.  Guess you'll need a watch to get an accurate reading, keep one handy.  Do you feel lightheaded while still lying down, or only when you get to your feet?