Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

Forcing arrhythmia

So, I'm a very active young male, 24yo, workout intensely 1-2 hrs 4-5 days a week. I am sexually aroused by the sensation of palpitations, so I induce arrhythmias in my heart via breath manipulation and pressure applied to my chest. I do this nearly every day and have for about ten years.

A handheld ekg with limb leads revealed that mostly I induce PVCs and PACs, sometimes in bigeminy; but occasionally I'll get more dangerous rhythms, such as short bursts of polymorphic vtach. But I do not get arrhythmia without forcing it. In fact my heart is quite healthy, during training today I maintained a heart rate of 202 and recovered to 126 within a minute.

What is this doing to my heart? It occasionally races or flutters now, but still pretty infrequently.
1 Responses
1124887 tn?1313758491
I was not sure if this was a joke?

I've never heard of anyone able to induce polymorphic VT by breathing or applying pressure to the chest, and I'm still not sure this is what you actually get. But if it is, please be aware that these rhythms can be lethal and you should absolutely not deliberately provoke them, unless you have a death wish.

Please seek treatment for this extremely unhealthy habit. And if you are having polymorphic VT, deliberately or not, something is wrong with your heart and you should talk to your doctor about that too. This is not a rhythm that occur out of nothing.
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.