Heart Rhythm Community

Has anyone gone off Metoprolol Tartrate without tapering?

I recently had an ablation for SVT & the Surgeon told my husband I would no longer need to take Metoprolol (which I had been taking for 7 years). So...I stopped and not sure if I am feeling kind of weak and weird because of the ablation recovery or from the sudden stop of the Metoprolol. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Thanks
Did you taper off of your beta blocker before the procedure or was it a sudden stop. How long before the procedure did you stop completely?

I have been taking atenolol for about 10 years now and I can tell my heart is dependent on it because if I skip a dose I get really anxious, my heart rate goes up and I get a lot of palpitations. If I go through with the ablation procedure, I am a bit worried about the effect on my heart of not taking it anymore.