Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.2k Members
11705328 tn?1420518638

Has anyone gone off Metoprolol Tartrate without tapering?

I recently had an ablation for SVT & the Surgeon told my husband I would no longer need to take Metoprolol (which I had been taking for 7 years). So...I stopped and not sure if I am feeling kind of weak and weird because of the ablation recovery or from the sudden stop of the Metoprolol. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Thanks
1 Responses
11671086 tn?1420327002
Did you taper off of your beta blocker before the procedure or was it a sudden stop. How long before the procedure did you stop completely?

I have been taking atenolol for about 10 years now and I can tell my heart is dependent on it because if I skip a dose I get really anxious, my heart rate goes up and I get a lot of palpitations. If I go through with the ablation procedure, I am a bit worried about the effect on my heart of not taking it anymore.
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318743597
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511085442
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.