Heart Rhythm Community

Heart Damage

My father suffered a heart attack on 9/9/13. The ambulance that transported him from scene to hospital did no ECG, no nitro tabs, no ASA, no pain medications. From the time he could have had a stent placed emergently to the time he actually did have it placed, was approx 60-80 minutes.
His report from the angiogram states this:
"Ejection fraction of 30% with severe hypokinesia to akinesia affecting the mid and distal anterior wall, apex is frankly dyskinetic. The base and midportion of the inferior wall is moderately hypokinetic with the distal portion being akinetic to dyskinetic"
My question is this: had the stent been placed 60-80 minutes sooner, would this damage have been lessened?
Thank you for your time in reading and responding.