Heart Rate Sensitivity

All-

I had an ablation done over two months ago but since then have been having trouble with my heart rate.  It seems very sensitive to an postural change.  Meaning it swings 30 beats when I stand up, it come back down but still swings up.  Also, just walking normally puts my rate at 100-120.  Just for background, I am 28 y/o and was very fit prior to the ablation.  My resting heart rate used to be in the 60's and now seems to be in the 80's.  I've been encountering lightheadedness and weakness and the only thing I can think of is these heart rate swings and the increases just moving about.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm hoping this is going to go away with time, but all of the doctors have said this isn't normal after an ablation.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes. There was a period of adjustment when I felt weak, and my heart did stuff I just wasn't used to.  I must admit it was unnerving at times.  And I felt like I had to start my exercise program all over again.

Over time and with exercise it seems like things returned to normal, more or less. It helped to exercise and to get back into the swing of things.
Helpful - 0
Yes, I've been exercising almost every day.  I actually feel best when I am working out.  What was your experience?  Did it go away over time?
Helpful - 0
I had some symptoms similar to these after an ablation.  Have you stopped exercising since your ablation?  Maybe exercise would help reduce these symptoms?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you using any heart medications?  

I would expect one's HR to go up 20+ bpm when changing from a rest to standing position.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Rhythm Community