Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Heart Rate Sensitivity

All-

I had an ablation done over two months ago but since then have been having trouble with my heart rate.  It seems very sensitive to an postural change.  Meaning it swings 30 beats when I stand up, it come back down but still swings up.  Also, just walking normally puts my rate at 100-120.  Just for background, I am 28 y/o and was very fit prior to the ablation.  My resting heart rate used to be in the 60's and now seems to be in the 80's.  I've been encountering lightheadedness and weakness and the only thing I can think of is these heart rate swings and the increases just moving about.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm hoping this is going to go away with time, but all of the doctors have said this isn't normal after an ablation.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
86819 tn?1378947492
Yes. There was a period of adjustment when I felt weak, and my heart did stuff I just wasn't used to.  I must admit it was unnerving at times.  And I felt like I had to start my exercise program all over again.

Over time and with exercise it seems like things returned to normal, more or less. It helped to exercise and to get back into the swing of things.
Helpful - 0
Yes, I've been exercising almost every day.  I actually feel best when I am working out.  What was your experience?  Did it go away over time?
Helpful - 0
86819 tn?1378947492
I had some symptoms similar to these after an ablation.  Have you stopped exercising since your ablation?  Maybe exercise would help reduce these symptoms?
Helpful - 0
612551 tn?1450022175
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you using any heart medications?  

I would expect one's HR to go up 20+ bpm when changing from a rest to standing position.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Heart Rhythm Community

Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318743597
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511085442
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.