Heart Rhythm Community

Heart pac's and atenolol

I have documented pac's but the symptom are more like a fluttering or skipped beats in a row not a pounding heart beat. I have been on 25
Mg atenolol and they haven't decreased. I try to settle at night and I am wide awake because of them. I have been getting headaches and dizziness. I feel like I have brain fog. I went on it bc of bp of 139/90 registered in the morning. Could the pac's be caused by hashimotos thyroiditis? Any help appreciated.
COMMUNITY LEADER
The only comment I can offer is you may have unusual side effects from the beta blocker...perhaps a different formulation or other medication may work better for you.