Heart rate after sitting / standing

Hello guys, I just found this forum and I've been reading some posts, it's a very interesting place.

I have a weird question for you: Sometimes when I'm using a heart monitor I can see that my heart rate drops a lot just after I sit or stand, to speed up again after a few seconds. I can understand the process when you sit, but what about standing up? Is it normal that your heart slows down when standing, just to speed up again after some time?

The internal sensors, primarily near the carotids, attempt to provide a specific unit volume of oxygenated blood per a given body state. Blood pressure varies with body capacitance. Body capacitance momentarily changes when going from a sitting position to a stand position and vice-versa. It takes a few seconds for the peripheral vasculature to sense the change in position.

You are reading content posted in the Heart Rhythm Community