Heart Rhythm Community

How long can PVC's last?

I usually get episodes of PVC's that can last up to a few hours then I won't have any at all for several weeks. Well, since Saturday they have been pretty much none stop. Also, my pulse rate has been around 95 the whole time. I took some ativan so I actually feel pretty relaxed except for these extra beats. Will my rhythm go back to normal on its own and if so how long should I wait it out. I've had all the HEART tests in the past coming back normal but I've never experienced an episode lasting this long without a break. Please advise!
I had them for 6 months straight once.  Varied in intensity, anywhere from once every 30 seconds to once every ten.  

But as they say, if this represents a change for you, it wouldn't hurt to see a doctor.  That being said, PVC's tend to be benign in nature.
I'm sorry to hear you had an episode that lasted 6 months. I'm on my third day and going nuts. Will my heart just randomly convert back to its normal rhythm. Is there anything I can do to help convert it back? I've had the stomach flu the last 24 hours which may be the reason it hasn't converted back yet. Also is it normal for our overall pulse rate to be up when were experiencing these extra beats.
Thanks!
I can have them happen when my heart's beating slowly or quickly.  If you're having added anxiety because of the PVC's I would think it would be normal to have an elevated heart rate because of it.  

As for why your heart hasn't dropped the extra beats - anyone's guess, really.  If stress is causing them, then the stressors haven't been removed.  If it's something else, than that stimulant hasn't been removed (be it a food, a beverage, etc).

Hang in there.  It'll get better.
Mine have been constant for 2 months now.  I have never experienced anything like this.  I used to get 125 skips in 24 hours on a bad day.  On a good day the holter recoreded only 6 skips in 24 hours.  So this increase to feeling them every 10,20,30,5,6 and so on beats is unnerving for me.  I called my doctor this morning and he told me that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.  BUT..I am going in tomorrow because I want another holter on.  I know myself well enough that if I get some piece of mind, they will diminish.  Yours will too.  Just calling my doctor today has helped in their frequency.
Frenchie
I know how frustrating that is.  I've gone through periods where I tell myself "If I don't have any for the next 30 beats, I'm sure I'll be fine."  As beat #25 comes up and I get anxious that the thing I convinced myself of is actually gonna fly, I get one.

Then I'll get them every 5 beats and I'll tell myself "as long as I don't get them every third beat...."  Then I get them every third beat.

Please hold open the real option in your mind and heart that it's possible for this to get better.  Once you do that, they just might.  :)

I understand completely.  I have had this condition since I was about 17 (& I am 58 now) but over the past several yrs they increased dramatically in frequency and over the past 2 weeks I have been experiencing them all day (they calm down somewhat in the eve). This is what prompted me to join this forum.  It has been very helpful for me to hear from the others who have had extended periods of irregular beats, although make no mistake, it is still hard to live with.  Like Wisconsin, my heart rate is 66-80 so that does not seem to be significant factor.  Neither do any of the other common triggers ~ caffeine, alcohol, stress (cuz this happens when I am calmly reading a book too).  In terms of meds ~ my medication, which is Inderal, used to help but has done nothing recently to help minimize them.  You should at least let your doctor know.