Is this something normal to feel heart palpatations as I push for a bowel movement?

Hello my name is Chris, and my question is that occasionally when I’m pushing for a bowel movement I feel my chest flutter or twitch where my heart is located. Is this something normal to feel heart palpatations as I push for a bowel movement? Thanks for your time . Chris
Lot of people report this phenomenon.  You are inadvertently doing something called Valsalva when you are straining.  This maneuver is used by some people to convert  supraventricular tachycardia.  It was very effective for me during the years I had it.  More fiber and fluids!

You are reading content posted in the Heart Rhythm Community