Heart Rhythm Community

Left Atrial Enlargement

I had a By-pass 16 years ago and now my ECG shows of possible Left Atrial Enlargement .
Could you tell me what it mean and should I be concerned ?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Any heart enlargement is a concern, and special to the enlargement of the left Atrial chamber is the possibility of development of atrial fibrillation.  I think you main concern right now is what caused the enlargement (leaky valve, high blood pressure, genetic...) so that measures can be taken to prevent further enlargement.

An echocardiogram is the test tool that can accurately measure all the physical measures of the heart and seems to be in order for you.

Good luck