Heart Rhythm Community

Managed lone arrhythmia

I have lone arrhythmia - I take amiodarone and wafarin and have had a number of cardioversions which have been successful for decreasing periods - last one lasted 3 mths.

I believe my mild sleep apnoea is the trigger as I have always reverted to AF at night and wake up in doing so.   I am undergoing CPAP treatment for the apnoea.

Should I continue with both treatments  in the hope that cure for the apnoea will eventually sustain the CV ?

I believe the alternative is to accept managed AF and continue with Warfarin and an alternative control drug to amiodarone.  With a continuously fibrillating atria and the node selecting beats is my life expectancy likely to be shortened by some form of heart failure ?