Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

PSVT atrial fibrillation

I am a 65 yr old woman.  I had PSVT my entire life (beginning at age 9) and finally, about 8 years ago had an ablation done which was fully successful.  But now -last week - I find that I have been diagnosed with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.  And I have bouts with PVCs - which I have had for many many years.  I was already taking 40 mg Benicar for my blood pressure along with Triamterene.  And now last week Metopolol at 50 mg has been added along with 325 aspirin.  My pulse rate is dropping into the mid 40s and sometimes below 40 .  I also have a hereditary form of peripheral neuropthy and I think the Metoprolol is causing me some stepped up pain.  I have thought that I should go back to see my electrophysiologist.  Is my pulse rate too low?  Does this drug cocktail seem appropriate?   Would I be well advised to go back to the electrophysiologists?     Can Metopolol cause a problem with neuropathy?
1 Responses
All are important questions--especially important and complex that they  need to be addressed by your cardiologist.  From the perspective of a 65 year old male who has benefitted from a successful a fib ablation, I would suggest going back to the electrophysiologist for a consult is certainly in order.  
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.