Heart Rhythm Community

Please respond mild Myocarditis and PVC

I was diagnosed with a mild, mild, mild case of Myocarditis 3 months ago. They actually thought it was  heart attack for the first 4 days I was there, but then after the angiogram they concluded it was a virus. My heart suffered very minimal damage .5% not even and after the 2 nd outpatient ultrasound I was given the all clear and they expect a full recovery. In hospital I had been noticing skipped heartbeats I saw them on the monitor but the doctors never mentioned them. Now im noticing them as well. Afte the visit with my cardiologist to discuss my second ultrasound I told him what I had been experiencing he said not to worry that im most likely noticing them because of what I went through and if I am not passing out or getting dizzy im really fine in his opinion. I was at the Civic Hospital Heart Institute which is the best cardiac hospital in Canada. Im scared. What if they are wrong?    I am afraid of dying. What if the myocarditis is back? Can my heart get worse after the 2nd ultrasound? Please help. Im 34 years old
:o(
COMMUNITY LEADER
I appears you've had the best of care and treatment, and have experienced a full recovery.
That's the best thing for your to focus on to give yourself a chance to be well.  If there is some cardiovascular problem it will continue without the need for any emotional drivers, but if you remain in a worried and emotionally upset state you will likely continue to have heart rhythm problems.

You should be fine, just try to focus on living your life, and feeling good.  
Thank you so much for your reply. It means alot. And you are absolutely right.
Hiya, worried. I believe I've had a similar experience to you, with viral myocarditis and a period of skipped beats (one every 5 seconds at it's worst). Two things that seemed to help me were taking magnesium, and also drinking lots of water. Being dehydrated made things worse.

I believe that by far most people with your condition just naturally get better by themselves. There is no treatment anyway - except that you can avoid things which weaken the immune system. I'd say that Jerry gave good advice about not worrying. But still, you can become your own doctor, in a sense... at least as far as monitoring yourself. That's true especially during physical exertion, which is where any short-term risk might lie, IMO.

Good luck, you're probably cured already anyway :)