Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

Post AVRNT Ablation (6 months)

I have posted something similar when I was post 1-week ablation. By now, I believe my heart is healed from my ablation. However, I am still clueless as to why I still experience irregular beats (not SVT beats) in my heart. I would get runs of what my EP told me is atrial tachycardia anywhere from few seconds to an hour. I believe those are not irritation beats. Sometimes when I lie down, it will start the AT beats (130-140bpm) for few seconds and then stops. Also, when I wake up in the morning, I would get funny beats (PACs/PVCs) and then it would turn into AT beats (130-140bpm). I will be seeing my EP very soon, but I am still very clueless as to what is going on with my heart. Is it normal to get another form of arrhythmia after an ablation? One more thing, my heart settled well into the 3rd month, then the 6th month it started this AT storm. I am also taking Metoprolol once a day, but it doesn't seem to help at all.
1 Responses
1807132 tn?1318747197
It is not uncommon to still have ectopic activity after an ablation.  I was having a lot of it before and for a good year after my ablation.  I had one week where I was having a storm of them but other than that my runs of them only last a second or two.  Those of us who have them generally will never totally get rid of them but having a run of them for an hour can be bothersome. I am not sure how dangerous it is at the slower rate but I can see how they can be disruptive for you.  It could be that you had this issue all along and your svt masked it.  It is not unheard of to have multiple arrhythmia issues.  I think you need to get a monitor to capture what is going on and see if an ablation for the atria beats is possible.  Best of luck.  Sorry you are still having issues.
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.