Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

Post MI hypothyroidism and PVC

I am 60 year old male.Underwent Angioplasty LCX  in 1993 & Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) in 2002. I developed Hypothyroidism (TSH 125) after 2 months of treatment with Amiadrone 100 mg once daily. As per cardiologist advice i stopped amiadrone and started taking thyroxine 25 mg once daily. But i developed excess premature ventricular contraction(PVC) 18-20 per minute with many couplets and few triplets. Now my hypothyroidism is stable(TSH-5.4) but I am also having asthma and using inhaler (budamet) for last 5-6 years. I tried beta blockers( carvedilol and metoprolol ) for my pvc but was not able to tolerate even the minimum dose of beta blockers. Please suggest what should I do to control PVC with many couplets and triplets. My Cardiologist now suggesting me to  take amiadrone for my PVC and thyroxine for my hypothyroidism. Presently I am taking  Losartus-50 mg twice daily, Simvastatin- 10 mg once daily, aspirin-75 mg once daily, monotrate 10 mg twice daily. Torsemide 5 mg once daily and thyroxine 25 mg once daily. My blood pressure and cholesterol level is within normal. Pulse is irregular 70-80 per minute ejection fraction is 35-40 % with akinesia in posterior basal mycardium. Stress thallium shows no ischemia. Please advise.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.