Heart Rhythm Community

SOTALOL causing ED. need Help!!!

I have been on Sotalol 80mg twice a day for six years. I am experiencing some degree of ED. Could this have possibly started causing this after the sixth year. Has anyone experienced anything like this??
Hi tom_h, Metoprolol is a cardio-selective beta-blocker, or in the the "selective" class of beta blockers.   It only blocks on cardiac receptors (beta-1), so the side effects are limited.

Propranolol and Sotalol are non-selective beta blockers so they block all adrenaline receptors, (beta-1 and beta-2), so a lot more side effects on things that depend on adrenaline.
I can't speak first hand,but sotalol is a beta blocker.  It blocks the effects of adrenaline.  Adrenaline is critical to erections and achieving orgasm. ao yea, ED is an expected side effect.    
But whats baffling is that it has not really bothered me for 5 or so years. Why now all of a sudden. I am in perfect health in regards to testerone (849), cholesterol, triglycerides, exercise 6 days a week, and follow a great diet. I am 38 years old. Dont smoke or drink and never did.
I'm amazed it never affected you before too.  I've taken another beta blocker  called propranolol for PVCs.  I'm otherwise perfect health too.   Even at a low dose, no go.    Shut me down.  Off it, no problems.   I only took it for a short while.  
I've taken the beta blocker Metoprolol for nearly 10 years at all sorts of strengths.  I've been at 75mg per day for 4 years now.  I'm 64, and no problems.