Heart Rhythm Community

Sitting here having PVC's and PAC's one after another!!!

Hey guys, I am having a pity party. I have had it with these stupid beats. I am worn out with it and if I could talk the Doc into it I would go right now to have my 2nd ablation. I want to be free again. I am getting on everyones nerves at my house and I  am getting on my own nerves. I would love to have the past 6 years back. Is that being greedy? I can't understand what started them up again. I know that the doc said that they could be new troubled spots but are they going to keep continuing to come back time and time again? I have lost 13 pounds and have given up everything that I know of that have flared them off in the past. I barely eat, I barley leave the house for personal time, I hate to drive now. I am a WRECK!!!!!! I want my life BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cry all the time, I am scared all the time, I hate this type of life. I am usually a fun, outgoing, hardworking person. Now I feel like I have laid down and given up. My 99 year old Grandma has more life in her than I do. I am not scheduled until the first of Feb. for my workup. I don't think I can wait. I am sitting here strongly thinking about going to the ER and asking them to admit me so that I can get it over with. I a feed up, at wits end. I want peace. I know that I this won't hurt you but it is so debilitating. I am SCREAMMMMMINNNNGGGGG now!!!! Sorry guys I had to get that out of my system. Keep praying for me and I will let you all know what I decide to do. If it weren't for you all I would be motified. You all that have commented me back have been wonderful hope and strength for me. My quality of life has went from spectacular to pathetic. Well I am going to go to my room and continue my pity party there. Take care guys and thanks for listening.
Karen in Tennessee and wishing for a miracle.
I made some typo's because my mind is on my funky beats. Forgive me. I hope that you can make out the words that I botched up. Sorry.
This is a real hoot- ME counseling someone else to remain calm.  Karen, I'm a long time sufferer of panic disorder who also has SVT and A-fib.  The PVCs make me crazy,too!  I want to encourage you tonight to hang in there.  Do you have access to any really funny movies?  Heck, PINCH yourself if you must- I have placed a rubber-band on my wrist before and snapped it repeatedly while concentrating on counting backwards by 3s from 100.  Try it.  Also, if you're a praying person, do that to- ask the Lord to keep you in His watch-care and surround you with His presence and peace.  In the meantime, try to stop scaring yourself- I'm a pro at scaring myself, and it does nothing but add adrenaline.  I'm so very sorry for your suffering, Karen.  There are people on this site who have been in bigeminy (PVCs every other beat, nonstop) for MONTHES with no relief until the darn things just stop as soon as they came.  For myself, I was shocked to learn that many people also live in a permanent state of Atrial Fib.  The heart can really take alot!  Now, you just go right ahead and do what you must to regain composure even if it means that you are crawling on everyone's nerves- they'll get it over it!  

Amy
I have been suffering from PVCs also. It seems as though they are related to my messed up GI tract. If I take antacids and watch what I eat they will improve. I am going to try taking digestive enzymes and see if that helps both my GI tract and irregular heart beat. I have read that when your GI tract is messed up that the inflammation or gases put pressure on the vagus nerve which controls the electrical signals to your heart and heart rhythm. Do you have irritable bowel or GERD?
Amy,
Thanks for the words of encouragment. Yes I am a praying person and sometimes I think that God gets so tired of me saying,"God it is me again"!! I know that if we call upon him he is there. I truly believe that. By the way I did go take a movie right after I posted. I went to 27 Dresses. It was really good and I didn't notice as many of the little "DEMONS" while I was there. I have decided to try and stay calm because I do know that adreline plays a big factor in my problems. My work life and my home life is not the best in the world. I need a vacation. I need the Beach. Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. The best place on the face of the Earth. My little Granddaughter came to visit me last night and asked if she could come back today and I tild her yes but today has been so bad that I couldn't even call her. I feel bad for her. If I work hard I rarely have  any problems but if I sit still I am so geared in I can't think straight. Thanks for the advice I will have to try some of your techniques. May peace be with everyone that has this horrible debiltating heart beat. I wish the best for all. I hope to get fixed soon.
Be well and safe,
Karen
I have had so much problems with my heart since I was 10. I am now 47. I was 6 years free and that was the most wonderful time of my life. I want it back. Yes I do have a problem with GERD. I have it so bad that I throw up in my sleep and almost choke to death.I take Prevacid and it seems to help some. I am a messed up mess. I am selfish. I have had a taste of the good life and I want it back. I want to be free from my hoping,skipping and jumping. I know that God has a reason and I would never question it but in the meantime I will ask him to heal me of it. Thanks for the comment. I too was plagued with SVTS;s but they took care of that. I never want that again. My heart rate was 332. Hummingbird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you the best and a perfect heart beat. Please write any time. I have meet so many nice people on here. I cherish their opinions.
Karen in Tennessee
Join the club.  Me too I am fed up to death with them too.  Why can't they just stay away.  I can really relate to your frustration and anger as I am going through the same thing myself right now.  I can't offer any advice because I don't know what to do myself - life isn't fair is it - there are so many people out there plodding along with their lives, while we are suffering and feeling crippled by these skipped beats.  I'm with you on this one oops there goes another.

Debs
I have been in the same position as you and many others here - the anxiety about my pvc's gave me panic attacks and made me agoraphobic for a while. It is impossible to ignore the missed beats, so I have tried to work on the anxiety they cause - this you can make a difference to. I read some CBT books - Feeling Good by David Burns, and Stop Worrying, Start Living by Robert Leahy. Also Claire Weekes 'Self Help for Your Nerves' is comforting. Doing the exercises in these helped me to see my health issues a bit more logically. When the missed beats flare up I still have periods when I am convinced I am about to drop dead, but it has gradually got better. I hope you feel better soon.
i am very curious about what makes them debilitating and how you feel when you get them.  my daughter has dilated cardiomyopathy and very frequent pac's with svt's (she is 22 and mildly mentally impaired)    she doesn't really mention them too much anymore since she has been taking digoxin, and before that she only mentioned that she could feel her heart (very matter of factly) and had a few episodes of feeling as if she would faint, but i think those were from svt     she still has upwards of 10,000 pac's a day (as shown on latest holter) but doesn't mention any problems and they don't interrupt her day.     she does have issues with headaches, but i am not sure what that is all about.  i have read ( and posted) here before on this, because i am curious about why it is that she doesn't have these issues and many people have them to where they affect their daily lives.  she "worksout" at a fitness center with her day program, bowls twice a week, and walks to the store (she doesn't drive) when she gets her money about once a week, so she is active.    but she does have issues with headaches (i contributed them to sinus issues)   like i said, just curious    wishing you the best and thanks           dawn
I guess it is a matter of perspective. I know a guy that has cerebral palsy. I've seen his motor skills deteriorate over the years, his speech is so slurred it's almost impossible to talk to him now. And he's using a walker to stand up. But. . . I met him at the gym. He goes there to work out (mostly the swimming pool now) and he's always smiling, asking how everyone else is doing, tells a bad joke and you can hear his booming laugh around the gym. Seeing him makes me happy and grateful too that all I have is heart hiccups. I'm physically able to do so many things. It helps to look outside myself now and then.

Sunshine - it's normal to get discouraged and tired sometimes. But don't let it control you. Kick its sorry butt and do something you love. Like you said, when you're busy you don't notice it so much. So stay busy, live life and be a ray of sunshine to others. Just like my friend at the gym.
I do feel like a whiner. I don't mean to and I should look around me and see that there are other people that are ina whole lot worse shape than myself. I am just gettign so discouraged. I think I have my husband convinced to admit me to the hospital. That is the only way they will move my ablation up is if I go through the ER with a major complaint. I feel like such a wuss, especially after reading ireneo's post. I know that this person suffering with Cerebral palsy is such a inspiration to others and I am a drag for others. I guess being free from the heart hiccups for 6 years spoiled me and I don't think I can stand them another minute. I am tired of battling them. I had Cancer and wasn't as worried as I get over my heart. I wish I was wired up different. I want to find peace soon. Thanks for the wonderful comments and advice that each of you have given me. I appreciate it so much. Thanks for being such good friends  to a stranger,
Karen
Hey honey~
You are NOT a whiner.  These things although harmless make us feel horrible.  They are life altering when they reappear.  Mine did the same thing last year.  I felt maybe 6 or so a day.  Then one night they started at about 1/minute.  Some were really bad.  I called my doctor and he said, "well you could come in if you want".  Not even concerned.  But I did go in and got the holter.  I turned it in the next day.  He called several days later and told me that everything was fine.  He even went as far as to say go scuba diving or sky diving if you want.  Yes, your heart is skipping but it is not going to kill you.  Within 24 hours the skips converted back to maybe a few a day.  So you see and I know you do know this...that fear/adreneline/fear cycle will keep feeding them and they won't settle down.  You said you are crying all the time and are scared all the time.  ie fear/adreneline/fear.  We know the best thing to do is try and keep yourself busy.  Take walks to see if they will settle down.  
"float through them" as Dr. Weeks would say.  I hope you have her books.  If not, go to Amazon and order them.  Dr. Claire Weeks  Hope and Help for Your Nerves.  It saved me through my rough periods when I was getting them so bad that I would leave the house in my car for school and end up parking close to home "Just in case I needed help"!  That was 20 years ago and I am still here. Maybe going to the ER is a good idea.  They can hook you up, tell you that they are just pvc's and you won't die from them.  Maybe that will help calm the nerves enough to help settle them.  I know that would work for me.  Hope you are having a better night.  Hang in there
Frenchie
It is very debilating and I always read these post and feel like "I bet they aren't feeling the real bad ones like I do."  I think I have been having a pity party for the last 8 months, so you are not alone sunshine.  I don't get the extra beats as much as I used to, but what I do get is the "bottom dropped out" feeling and those are HORRID.  I just posted on here about how I really feel like these things are going to kill me.  Last night I thought was going to be it for me because I had one so bad, worse then any other I have ever experienced.  I felt a rush of "heat" or maye it was a chill, I don't even know, but I thought I was going to pass out because I was SO afriad.  I used to be the one who rode every rollercoaster, who jogged, I even walked fast when going about my way in the office.  Well now I move slowly sure I am going to have that one irregular beat that makes me drop, I don't exercise anymore, don't believe my doctors, I think my cardioligist doesn't take me serious anymore.  I don't know WHAT to do.  I have lots of stress, but how do you get rid of it when these things MAKE you stress...it's a horrible cycle?

I am a praying woman, and believe that the Lord knows what is best for me and that he won't put more on me than I can bear; but lately my faith has wavered so much that I know I am not pleasing him.  I am tired and I mean TIRED of living in fear.  My mood will change at the drop of a hat, my kids are suffering, I just don't know anymore.  So, we are all in this together.  Some experience the PVC's worse then others, but to even feel one PVC is too much if you ask me.

Be blessed everyone!
I have been reading on this site for a couple of weeks and posted questions. I have really learned so much from all of you! I am feeling the same way about this controlling my entire life right now. I am to the point where I am not leaving the house because I am not sure what is going on. I am like you all. I did all the tests and most everything was normal other than I am having over 10,000.00 PVC's a day, about half in bigemy. The doctors assured me also that they are not dangerous. That is good but also frustrating because you just want to feel better! I had a high d-dimer test(checking for clots) and did a CT scan last week which was normal. I go back to the doctor on Thursday. I am not sure what he will recommend but I am so depressed at this point. I am like you, I feel guilty for being a pain and not being there for my husband and two kids like I should be lately. All I do is lay around now. I am scared. This is not like me and I want my life back also. I am so glad to at least know that I am not alone. Good luck to everyone!
Words can not express the feelings I have been going through.I have my ups and downs and sad moments and trying moments when it comes to my heart. I read post after post and it is as though I wrote them all. I don't want anyone on here to be sick with these things but I find such peace with others stories. I ask God everyday to take away my fear and anxiety. To let me live a normal life. I believe in time when it is his will I will get my answer to my prayers. In the meantime I plan on leaning on you guys for your support.You will never know how many trips you have saved me to the ER. I am not afraid of dying.... I know where I would go, it is just the fear of leaving my children behind. I have had ablation and was told my heart was healthy other than the spots that were ablated and now my doc feels that I have some new ones. So do I give up and sit in fear or do I keep going and quit worrying? I want to keep on going. I don't want  to give up. I love life and people. I want my hiccups to go away. No one can really say that they know how it feels unless they have it. My husband is not very understanding. He thinks I over exaggerate. I told him that for just one day he could live in my body and see what it is like. He goes to bed for 2 weeks with a simple cold. My sex life died with the hiccups and I think that's why he has no sympathy for me. I am so afraid to get intimate in fear that it will set off a never ending irregular beat. I don't want to risk it. I have been losing weight to see if that could help with it. I am proud to announce that since Jan. 1st I have lost 14 pounds and I have started walking after work. I walked 3/4 mile tonight. I was slow but I hope I will build up speed. I heard that exercise helps. I bought me a new pair of pants yesterday and I got to go down 2 sizes. Wahoooo.. Back to a serious note, Thanks again to everyone of you who have answered my post. I really can't wait to get on here and read what others have wrote. I plan on learning those Bible verses too. I promise. Ilike you underinformed35 have around 10,000 or more of those DEMONS a day. It is really hard to try to live like that. I will keep on keeping on. Please just keep the comments coming and the prayers. Thanks to some of the most wonderful people in the whole world. God Bless you all.
Karen
You know that is the real bugger behind this.  We want to feel better.  To feel normal again.  We aren't hypercondriacs.  We aren't that person that has to run to the doctor for every ache and pain.  I bet most of us woud rather stay away from the doctor.  I know I would.  There is no doubt in my mind that it is the fear and stress of feeling more pvc's than we are used to, or "that one that just feels different and I'm sure the doctor hasn't caught that one" that fuels these things.  Even when we are trying to relax we are still focused inward on those damn skips.  It is a vicious cycle and I agree that the best medicine for us is to have everyone share their stories.  Every thought we have fuels them.  I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out why they "kick in" with more frequency. Did I eat something, did I drink something..and ironically what I learned is that the very act of trying to find a pattern actually made them worse.  One of the best things I did for myself (and I really try to stick to it) is to never feel my pulse when they start acting up.  Isn't that radical?!  I was sticking my fingers into my throat many times a day, and finally I realized I had learned absolutely NOTHING of value and in fact it all seemed to bring more on.  I am convinced that there are physical reasons for it (irritable patches/foci in there) and there are physical reasons it is triggered (fatigue, stress, adranaline, caffeine or sugar, hormones, viruses) BUT once they appear, ones' thoughts/attitude and attention "grows" their number.  Once they have your attention and you give it to them, they multiply! So I try not to "feed and water" them with my attention and it has lessened them dramatically.  That is not going to make them disappear, of course because there it that patch of cells that we were probably born with .  But we have to put them in their place so to speak and make a decision to limit our attention on them.  Of course this is after I learned everything I could about them.  I too, need information and understaing.  What I have learned can be boiled down to this:  they are emanating from cells that are in the "wrong place" or are being active at the "wrong time."  Sort of like someone with bad eyesight, or other physical "imperfections" like we all have.  Given certain triggers, like those we are always told, or some combination (for me it has to be a combination I think, and then they stick around for a while and fire off.  You get more pvc's more frequently, in more complex forms for some period.  Like getting a mosquito bite:  when the area has become inflamed and itchy, it just takes time to resolve.  In a healthy heart, it means almost nothing.  They don't damage the heart and they can't throw you into a fatal rhythm because the properly working cells far out number our few rebels in there.  It is basically impossible for the few renegade cells to override the vast majority of the correctly working cells, particularly when you have a strong heart.  I know we think that will happen because it feels that way but we are all still here so "feelings lie"!!!!  I researched all of this, read scientific journals, etc. and it all indicates that it is benign because they can't "take over".  Our hearts just aren't that screwed up.  We don't need to be afraid of them, we only think we do.  Why do they stick around?  Because we carefully feed and water them with our fear, attention, pulsetaking.  There have been long stretches that I realized that pvcs were ALL I THOUGHT ABOUT so no wonder they stick around!!!  These crazy rhythms won't kill us.  Why, because they simply can't override the overall machinery.  They can only cause skips pauses, speeding/slowing of the rate.  They can't cancel it.  Not if your heart it structurally normal.  We have a big strong muscle and a ton of superhighways of correct electrical activity... that is our true foundation.  
By the way sunshine47 - congrats on loosing weight.  That must feel really great.  I guess you are staying away from the M&M's  :)
Frenchie
I just wanted to say ty for your wonderful post...being here sure has given me peace of mind...God Bless u All....
To all the responses that I have gotten you just don't know what they mean to me. I can never thank you enough for your compassion and understanding. I am learning everyday to be skip free. I keep my neck red from my fingers being stuck to the side of it all the time. My son catches me and I tell him that I am scratching it. HE knows better. He knows I am checking my pulse. Yeah Frenchie I have stayed away from those M&M's. LOL. I did find some peanut butter ones here and I think that it might have been you that was wanting some. The offer still stands if you do. I have not had any sweets or breads (my Favs) in about 3 weeks. I can beat my urges for bad things but I can't step free of my imperfections when it comes to my heart. I know that it isn't going to hurt me but only if I could convince my mind of that. I know that I can bring mine on by just thinking about them. I love your comments they brighten my day. I am so glad that this site found me. I think I was lead to it to find a wonderful bunch of people(friends) like you. May God Bless each and everyone of you and may he hold you in the palm of his hand and keep you safe always. I am trying to accept my genetic makeup and so I say this prayer everyday,, The Serenity Prayer.... God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things that I can and the WISDOM to know the difference. To all my new found friends and some of the most informative information I have ever gotten, THANKS!!  :o) I hope to get more comments. Keep them coming. Take care everyone and God Bless you and your Hearts <3
Karen
Where in Tennessee do you live?  I grew up in Oak Ridge.  I live in San Diego now.
I'm the plain M&M girl.  Are you on any particular diet?  I'm not overweight but I did try Dr. Perricones diet just to eat healthier and my skips got really bad for weeks.  Come to find out I read a post last night that suggested staying away from fish and all omega 3 products.  Isn't that interesting.  He also said to take Aloe Vera Gel capsules.  I went to his blog.  It is interesting.  Here is the link in case anyone is interested.
http://www.lucidboomer.com/view_topic.php?id=7&forum_id=2
Let me know what you think.  I'l always open to new suggesstions.  
Jodie  (frenchie)
Maybe I shouldn't have provided that link.  In reading it further there is some kind of juice he talks about too.  (sold by network marketers)  sorry
But, the aloe vera gel caplets I might give a try.  I'll let you know how it goes.  It is supposed to be good for reflux too.
Frenchie
hi karen ,     just had to write and say  hang in there  ,   there has to be an answer eventually for all us people with hearts that dont seem to know how to beat properly by themselves !   I for one and I bet others will be praying for you. I cant imagine having to put up with it so much ,  you  are definately in my thoughts. I normally have had about  4 to6 hours of skipped  beats but with other weird beats as well, also some atrial fibrillation and sinus tachycardia and  of course have been told it wont kill me but it sure feels like it will! have even written a goodbye note once when my husband was away!  But there is something hopefull happenning at the moment and maybe it might apply to others. I have been on a stomache ulcer med for the last week and  things are at least 80 % better!  The theory being the acid affecting the vagus nerve. who knows maybe coincidence, we'll see.           Hi to everyone else out there struggling  with these same things.                                      Leanne in Australia.
HI! thankyou for what you wrote , it was wonderful,   its something the cardiologist should tell us.      Leanne  in Australia.
Well...I am not really sure where to begin and I am not even sure what my problem is...About 2 weeks ago...My heart started to flutter...it had always done this over the years...but just randomly...now for the last 2 weeks it has done it consistently...I am scared to death...litterally...I don't want to move...function...it is consuming me...I sit and cry because I feel as if I am going to die...I went to the ER...the dr said my EKG and blood work all looked fine and ordered me to wear a holter monitor for 24 hours...which I have on right now...I have an apt with the cardiologist on the 5th and I often wonder if I will still be sane by then...lol...I am not sleeping that well at night and I don't eat anymore...I also quit smoking when this started happening...I am only 35 and I just want to live a normal life and be a good mother for my 3 children...if anyone has any words of advice...please comment back...God Bless u All *Smile*
You are fine.  Remember, they sent you HOME from the ER.  They wouldn't have done that if they saw anything life threatening with your tests.  They can see more than you know looking at an EKG.  You will feel so much better when your holter is off and they read it and tell you it is not life threatening.   It is great that you quit smoking, but you need to eat so you don't throw your electrolytes out of whack.  The only other advice I can offer you is to go to Amazon and order Dr. Claire Weeks Book,  Hope and Help for your nerves and Peace from Nervous Suffering.  They were my bibles.
Take care
Frenchie
Ty so much for your words of wisdom...I go to the cardiologist on Thursday...and what u said is what everyone tells me...if I had a serious heart problem they would not of sent me home...yet it still worries me to NO end...I keep praying for God to just give me some peace with all this...Ty once again...