Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.2k Members

Slight ST Abnormality on EKG (30 y/o F)

Hopefully someone can shed some insight into what i've been dealing with for over a year.

To preface:  I am a 30 y/o female, no remarkable health history other than c-section 3 years ago.  I have been dealing with substernal chest pain/ lower anteriour neck pain intermittantly for over a year.  At times the discomfort goes to my jaw and teeth.   I also have palpitations, often painful that jolt me like i'm being electrically shocked, believe it or not.  I DONOT have sweats, pain in my limbs or nausea/ vomitting. I do have a history of borderline tachycardia (hovering around 100 bpm-resting).There are instances where the chest / neck pain disapates and subsides for a hour or two but then returns for hours on end.  I have been through the gammit of doctors.  GI, ENT, ORTHO, Physical therapy, ect.  I recently had an EKG at my primary phys. office that showed "slight st abnnormality".      What does this mean?  When i asked my Doc., his reply was "somethings just not right" which doesnt give me too much to go on.  I have a stress echo scheduled for 3 weeks from now; however i still am dealing with this chest pain and neck pain.  What worries me is that i have a family history of Cardiac problems, specifically MI, CHF.  Any suggestions or insight???  Thanks in advance,
mary
1 Responses
612551 tn?1450022175
COMMUNITY LEADER
I don't know the specifics of an EKG ST, but bet there's something on the MedHelp health topics:  http://www.medhelp.org/health_topics/list - or using Google or whatever, on looking on the web.

The fact that your primary care doctor raise concern but didn't help resolve is troubling to me, I'd consider changing primary care doctors the next time I needed one.

I hope the scheduled work is with a cardiologist, that should help. As that doctor about the ST if you are not also given an EKG there, bet you will be.

Good luck,
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318743597
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511085442
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.