Heart palpitations can come from medical conditions, including thyroid disease, a low blood sugar level, anemia, low blood pressure, fever, and dehydration
I've noticed a few things about the common problems...
1) Most people I've read about are relatively healthy, in fact on the thinner side. (do you not like sweets? my fiance doesn't.. he is also having this problem) which may or may not indicate low blood sugar.
2) Anemia seems to be overlooked also. (check the symptoms it really truly helps)
3) Dehydration can be caused from a few things.. including low electrolyte levels which also causes heart palpitations.
4) Low blood pressure is also commonly overlooked because most people seem to have high blood pressure and if you are healthy... it's good to have slightly low blood pressure.
5) Hormones also increase the risk (pregnancy, etc.)
I hope this helps!
This discussion is related to Heart Palpitations While Sleeping