Heart Rhythm Community

Thumping heart for 3/4 hours last night

I know this is crazy but I had wine & chinese food last night & spent all night with my heart racing in my chest. I woke me up & I could not go back asleep for the thumping

Help
I get that quite often if I've eaten the "wrong" foods or if I'm having fluid retention problems. If it's the wrong foods, I drink water to flush them through. If it's fluid/bloating, I wait it out until I go to the bathroom several times. It's always a waiting game till the body balances itself out. The key is: don't do that very often. For me, the wine would have caused it. I don't have trouble with Chinese food. Then again, the place we go uses no MSG in their food. Perhaps you're sensitive to that. Hope you're feeling better today.
How old are you? What does your daily diet consist of?
The same thing has happened to me. I ordered chinese food with no msg, had 2 glasses of wine & ended up in the er with sinus tach in the middle of the night.