Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

chest pain and longer paps.

I was diagnosed with tachycardia 5 years ago but here recently I have been having chest pain when sitting and paps that last longer. One episode with paps was so bad that I had to struggle to catch my breath. Is this just part of it?
3 Responses
612551 tn?1450025775
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you on any medications to control your tachycardia?  If you resting HR is over 100 I'd think a beta block should be tried to get it lower.

You should get a heart check-up with a cardiologist, I believe.
I was taking 150 mg of toporal but i stopped taking it because it did not seem to help my heart stay above 90 and below 120..thats normal for me..the chest pain is new.
I have been having tachycardia attacks since I was in my 30's, I am 80 now and I would just rest for a few minutes until they were over.  Now I still have them and one that happened 4 years ago wouldn't stop.  I wound up in the hospital where the emergency doctor had trouble stopping it but finally did.  I stayed there a week having many tests and they found I have a form of leukemia.  Chronic myelogenous leukemia.  I still have them occasionally and have been taking Toprol, Micardis, Verapamil, Hydrochlorathyazide, Niacin, and.Omega 3.  Nothings changed but I am still living!   Dolores
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.