Heart Rhythm Community

chest pain and longer paps.

I was diagnosed with tachycardia 5 years ago but here recently I have been having chest pain when sitting and paps that last longer. One episode with paps was so bad that I had to struggle to catch my breath. Is this just part of it?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you on any medications to control your tachycardia?  If you resting HR is over 100 I'd think a beta block should be tried to get it lower.

You should get a heart check-up with a cardiologist, I believe.
I was taking 150 mg of toporal but i stopped taking it because it did not seem to help my heart stay above 90 and below 120..thats normal for me..the chest pain is new.
I have been having tachycardia attacks since I was in my 30's, I am 80 now and I would just rest for a few minutes until they were over.  Now I still have them and one that happened 4 years ago wouldn't stop.  I wound up in the hospital where the emergency doctor had trouble stopping it but finally did.  I stayed there a week having many tests and they found I have a form of leukemia.  Chronic myelogenous leukemia.  I still have them occasionally and have been taking Toprol, Micardis, Verapamil, Hydrochlorathyazide, Niacin, and.Omega 3.  Nothings changed but I am still living!   Dolores