is there a large vein that runs from the left side of your chest to the bottom of your stomach?

For about a week now I have noticed something pretty disturbing and uncomfortable.  It started with a tenderness to the touch on the left side of my chest and down toward the bottom of my stomach.  Then I noticed that when I stretched my arms above my head and stretched my stomach and chest area, that it was VERY TIGHT and it felt like I was pulling something that run from the left side of my chest to the bottom of my stomach.  I ran my right hand down the area that felt the pull, and I feel a large veinlike structure or something of that nature that covers the entire area that runs from my chest to my stomach.  When I do a large stretch, I can actually see it.  What is going on?  It's not muscular for sure.  I'm not sure what to think here.  I feel like I can't get a full stretch, and it is very uncomfortable.  Any thoughts?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Hi, you may not see much confirming of this issue on this board, as it's a heart rhythm board.    try googling with search terms like "map veins and arteries"
I can't imagine any large blood vessels on the chest that would appear near the surface of the skin across the chest and abdomen that would be visible like that. I'm rather pale and I can see some blood vessels snaking across my chest but they are no different than what I see on my arm. Nothing sinew-like as you described.
I have the same thing and no one knows what it is.  I thought it was a lymph vessel or tissue next to the chest muscle.  But, my DR. thinks I'm nuts.  Did you find out what it is?
Hello all,

I know this thread is pretty old, but I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. It came out of nowhere and was noticed when I was stretching my arms up while standing in the kitchen.  Definitely sore to the touch and aggravated by stretching movement. I would appreciate any one sharing any information.  I have a Dr appt on Monday, but I am a little freaked out and trying not to self diagnose from the internet is hard.