Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

palpatations

i have been told i have a wandering atrial pacemaker, my resting heart rate is 120 to 130bpm. i have tried several medications and am currently on 5mg of bisoprlol which does not seem to help. i am going back to the cardiologist what type of other treatments are there. im a 29yr old female.
1 Responses
612551 tn?1450025775
COMMUNITY LEADER
I do not know anything specifically about the "blocker concentration" of Bisoprolol , but if it is anything close to that of Metoprolol (a common generic beta blocker used in the USA) I'd say 5 mg is very low dosage.  I take 50 mg of Metoprolol and get a considerable reduction in my AFib driven heart rate (down from a rest rate of about 130 to something in the 80s).  This makes me suggest you have a discussion on increasing your beta blocker.

Do you experience any side effects from the  Bisoprolol ?  That is one consideration on setting a dose level, that is if one is having problems with side effects from a drug, it seems unlikely that one would want to increase the dose size.
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.